Friday, August 12, 2005

For you

Thank you for sharing
My best moments, when my family just couldn't be there.
My worst moments, when it felt like nobody was there.
And all my inbetween moments, with that ever ready grin.

Thank you for knowing
Absolutely everything about me. I think you know me better than I know myself.
How to make me smile all the time. You probably live with a stress level nearer a bombsquad.
How to cook, clean, and do laundry. You have no idea how grateful I am.

Thank you for teaching me
Patience. For building up my much needed reserves over the last couple of years.
Understanding. Kind of like patience, so that I generally don't fly off the handle so much anymore.
Accounting. Haha, you knew this was coming. I still don't really have a head for columnised numbers, but they're a little less murky.
Quick comebacks. Totally vital.

Thank you for bringing me
Laughter. For all those long running jokes that we can share with a look, for the pranks and goofing off sessions.
Flowers. For the few and far between roses that make me appreciate them all the more.
Out for dinner or that necessary breather. For reminding me to relax.
Back to God. Possibly the most precious gift of all.

Thank you for loving me.

No comments: