Monday, August 01, 2005

I <3 Jesus

Last night was relatively hitchless. Everyone did such a great job!

I struggled with blocked ears and a racking cough that threatened to get out of hand so I couldn't pitch properly or sing anything higher than an A, which meant I lip-synched a lot of the songs when I couldn't coax a single note out of my choked-up vocal chords.

It was still really fun, and even funnier because we were all trying desperately not to fidget and have our worst moments immortalised on DVD courtesy of the three cameras that were trained wholly on the stage for the entire two hours.

It was hard work standing still, concentrating on not succumbing to that itch just below your nose or trying to take your shoes off discreetly without falling over and taking out your entire row. But the singing was glorious, you could tell that every single choir member believed the beautiful message we were trying to get across, and we really sang from our hearts.

The tenors were particularly powerful and soon enough several members of the other sections began slipping into their part because it was just so much easier to go with their flow. Apparently that's why we didn't have much of a bass line.

Phenomenal stuff though, I can't wait til next year!

1 comment:

The Ruud said...

shoo antichrist~ leave the christian girl alone