Sunday, August 14, 2005

Let the points roll in, please

I really should learn my lesson about crap talking, i.e. don't do it. I'm sitting a cosy sixth after the first day of matches and you could say I'm leading the back half of the pack because fifth place is a full ten points infront. Hopefully the today's matches will go in my favour and put a little bit of credability into my footballing comments - it's a long shot though.

It's also half way through the Wigan-Chelsea match and I'd have to say it has a very Disney feel to it. It's the classic story of the underdogs against the giants, and Wigan are making Chelsea look a little less than champions. I mean Chelsea still look quite good, but Wigan have spent 45 minutes making them look clumsy. It's awesome, and would be even more so if I hadn't got Del Horno and Terry sitting in my defence. The conflict of interests is irritating because I can't watch a match without taking sides.

I'm completely exhausted but fully determined to see out the first weekend of football +sigh+. It feels like good t.v. programming has finally come back.

No comments: