Tuesday, August 09, 2005

More dreaming

The haze is just getting worse. It wafts its way into everything, seeping into clothes, airconditioning systems, and lungs. KL feels and smells like a giant smokehouse with a hint of grease and an infusion of grime.

I've had a lot of time alone to just sit and think. It's true I've probably overthought everything, including the bits of life that should probably stayed glossed over, but one of the things I've been thinking about more and more is my wedding.

I love dreaming about what it's going to be like - the exact shade of white, the music, how pretty it could be. Maybe it's a little girl thing, although I'm not sure how true that is nowadays.

Don't confuse it with marriage though, although that's definitely going to be a chapter somewhere along the way, and no, I'm not going to go Monica-crazy and have a wedding book that just sits there growing fatter and fatter the longer I stay unmarried or unengaged.

It's just nice to sit there in a happy thought, hoping that there'll be a day in my future that involves a glass of champagne, a beautiful bouquet of dark red roses, and a gorgeous strapless gown that's just barely off-white.

It'll probably be expensive.

No comments: