Sunday, August 21, 2005

Hitting the road

Yea, I would say I'm pretty lazy. Hateash got it right on the money. I could say that I'm lazy about everything other than work or the stuff I'm interested in, but I guess some people just wouldn't be convinced. It's pretty hard to shift a preconception at any given time, especially in today's cynical world - nothing gets by you, eh?

Anyhow, in about four and a half hours, I'm off to Shanghai. It's a tour - which saves my parents a lot of hassle, but then again, it's a tour - so there'll be a large degree of stress I'd imagine; it's always so difficult to move a family of five on time.

This should be good. It's been a while since we've been together for longer than the duration of a meal, and the entire tour's conducted in Chinese so my sister, who hasn't slept all night, is putting together a guidebook. Only not really, 'cause I think she's spending more time talking to her 'friend'. Ahem.

So that's why I'm up at 4am tying up all my lose ends which involve apologizing to Audz for not calling her back in time, leaving Weng with last minute instructions on how to handle my various accounts, filling up my water bottle, and setting up my FF team for this week. Important stuff.

My doggie's at the kennels. Mum left Bryan and I with the worst ever job of leaving her there and turning our backs on the saddest look in the world. She went nuts. It was all very upsetting.

So I'll get back to you in about seven days. Toodles.

No comments: