Thursday, August 04, 2005

Technological parallels

Weng made a really interesting comparison the other day after I had put him on hold for a couple of minutes and he fell asleep waiting for me.

He said he was like a pentium 4 and I was like a really old computer. He said it was because all of his processes can close more or less simultaneously allowing him to shut down incredibly quickly, whereas I needed to close each application one by one before coming close to settling for the night.

I think I'd like to give him his pentium 4 because during operation it often malfunctions/hangs and we all know that while sometimes Mr. Lee's so sharp he could cut himself but at the same time he is the one who trademarked the phrase "Huh? What? Huh?".

I don't remember old computers ever having so many software problems - probably because there wasn't all that much software to start with, but I don't think I ever shut down, it's more like hibernation.

That's all for today's deep, meaningful analogy.

Yea, he's a geek, but I love him.

No comments: