Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A little excitement

I'm hardly ever allowed to drive on unfamiliar roads by myself, so I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to anything outside of Mt. Kiara, Bangsar, and certain parts of PJ. Batu Caves is no where on my repertoire, so when I had to go and pick up the car from the service center I was panicking slightly, which only increased when I dazedly drove past the KL/Ipoh exit with a faintly bemused Bugger.

The next few kilometers went something like ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit, worrying that I'd end up on the interstate. But it was okay. I found a U-turn in Kepong, negotiated a tricky Malaysian roundabout filled mostly with irate drivers, and was more or less safely on my way home.

I can barely handle the tank of a Merc on roads I could drive blindfolded so I was fairly proud of myself when I pulled into my condo and the car wasn't sporting a single scratch, merely a faint layer of dust. I even got it around the corners and ramps of our multi-storey carpark before backing into the parking lot and into the wall.

Good thing I wasn't going fast - the gut wrenching crunch sounded worse than it implied, and there wasn't any damage that you couldn't wipe off with some spit and a sleeve. Thankfully, I didn't put out a light or anything, otherwise it would've been back to the workshop.

No comments: