Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Out of touch

I got my breakdown. The numbers are interesting to say the least. Nice big numbers don't look as bad as percentages. Not a bad second year overall, but if I have to work that hard for the next year and the next, I'm going to be so much closer to insanity. This is crazy. I'll be totally burnt out before the career even begins.

It was Evan's birthday yesterday. His birthday is always much anticipated because it always brings together so many people you haven't seen in a while and this year was no different.

Weng and I made him a card because we couldn't find one that was just right. What you get for letting an Econs student fold a piece of A4 card in half is a 1cm strip left over. I couldn't understand it either, but I think the card turned out pretty good in the end. A commendable effort for a half hour's work. He even made an envelope. I think all that tax accountancy stuff he's doing this summer is really inhibiting his creativity.

We had a pretty intense heart to heart last night. I didn't realise I had locked up a lot of stuff. He didn't realise anything was actually wrong. Funny how things can fall apart underneath everything else.

1 comment:

Ash said...

i'm glad you could tell whose was whose otherwise i would've been quite worried. lol. we had fun makin it ev!

(everyone else can expect handmade cards this year, only i'll do the folding).

you know why it wasnt equal? apparently coz the genius used a ruler that didnt go up to 12in. I dunno oso.