Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Life or nothing like it

My grandma's back in hospital. The first time found a couple of blood clots in her leg, now it seems there's one in her arm. It coincides with a medical convention being held in Singapore, and because her condition is so rare, they want to turn it into a demonstration of sorts. God truly works in the most wonderful of ways because it means that she'll be under the best doctors and the hospital will waive her surgery fees. This is the lady who's survived a quadruple bypass - my grandma's a real fighter, so I hope everything goes well.

I went with Cass to Rumah Hope this afternoon. I'd have to say I've never met a more precocious bunch of kids, most are under the age of 12 or thereabouts but they've look like they've got their world totally under control, completely lacking any of that blurness or timidness that you often find in overprotected children. The little girl I was attached to learned how to manipulate me in the first twenty minutes, and her older sister could read me like a book! They could sense my nervousness. It was daunting but talking to these kids was a real eyeopener - I look forward to next week's visit.

I haven't eaten so much in a night since getting back. Weng and I braved the rush hour traffic on the NKVE and were rewarded with more than a couple of stinkeyes, but we finally made it to the only place I know that does Sarawak mee - the best thing that came out of Borneo next to it's beautiful caves and gorgeous people.

Then it was onwards to A&W for a double scoop of icecream on a waffle that we were supposed to share but I ended up eating three-quarters of, with Weng looking on and going "Whoa, where do you put it? Where's your second stomach?". This means at least two exercise classes tomorrow.

My sister's finally qualified to take out a ship all by herself supported by a crew that she's beaten into submission to carp, bilge, and sail for her. That's what I don't like about working under my sister. If I'm not doing my job, I don't get a sharp word in my text bar, I get an earful. Actually, I get an earful whenever Joel disconnects. Puzzlepirates owns every minute of her spare time.

I'm still aching from yesterday's Bodycombat, but mg is that an awesome class or what. Punching and kicking is like...so cool.

That free newspaper, The Sun, probably has a whole staff of monkeys that churn out their corny headlines.

No comments: