Friday, July 08, 2005

Profoundly sorry

Dear Amanda,

Seeing as you took so much time to clear everything up, I thought I should bear you the same regard.

Now that you mention it, I actually do remember bitching about you in HELP and I'd like to apologise for that, but please understand that Ming was my first love and will forever be my first love (although that chapter is very much closed) and I had also waited so long for us to be together that to find out that I'd been unceremoniously dumped a few months from being able to join him in Melbourne, it hurt. I don't know if you've ever had your heart carved out and stomped all over but I was a mess, and to hear your name linked to his so soon after our break up naturally let me to the conclusion that you stole him.

It didn't help that most of the way through our relationship, your name kept on popping up at the most inopportune times and as females go, you were a direct threat. Besides, I had no idea that Lilea was one of your dearest friends - then again I suppose every other person is being the darling that you are - and I just sought out someone to rant with because at the same time she was getting over Xin.

It's funny how now I cannot thank you enough because clearly you guys are meant to be together, and I'd like to say that I am sincerely happy for you, and I hope things keep on running smoothly.

I'd also like to thank you for being the bigger person and bringing an end to what seems to be a huge misunderstanding.

I don't hate you at all. In fact I think you're rather sweet. The recent exchange of posts started when I ran into Leonie and she didn't give me the warmest of looks, and what with you guys being sisters and all that, I assumed (wrongly it would seem) that the two of you had it in for me. In addition to that, every time I wrote about my tongue-in-cheek reluctance to see old friends, you gushed on and on about how good it was to see everybody and how much you love everyone and everyone loves you. Can you tell me honestly that it wasn't in the slightest way spurred by that - it was slightly overboard.

But since I'm so clearly wrong, I apologise, again, for my presumptiousness.

As for your inability to grasp sports and pouring jelly down the drain, that's okay. I'd've poured it down the drain too.

Love Ash

No comments: