Monday, August 30, 2004

Almost over

I've given in to the overwhelming sense of depression and homesickness. I asked to end my internship a week early, which means I should be home by Saturday. I think it was because I went home last weekend and saw what I was missing that made me want to be at home even more. I decided that I spend enough time away from home during the academic year, so I'm going to take what precious time I have left and spend it with my family.

To be honest, I'd have to say that I really did enjoy the work experience. Everyone was more than accommodating and professional - a real inspiration in the work place, and though it was short, I did learn a few things during my five weeks:

1. The people you work with are the ones you see the most of, so it pays to be nice to them.
2. Flirting is a very powerful weapon (as was observed).
3. Solidworks makes normal desktops crash - like a lot.
4. It's not a good idea to eat tuna every day.
5. No one really functions at 7.30am, they just pretend til about 8.00am.
6. Everyone's life revolves around the bell - start work, break, lunch, break, end work.
7. It's not a good idea to stare at the computer for nine hours, your eyeballs try to run into the back of your head.
8. Don't play minesweeper with Weng. He's too lucky.

No comments: