Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Fears

Like I said before, I'm really scared, of a lot of things. My sister takes a perverse joy in messing with my fears.

I'm scared of open water: when I can't see into the gloom - like when you're in the sea. I have nightmares about sharks and crocodiles cruising out of the murkiness with mouths agape. The same fear grips me in a swimming pool. I'd feel safer if I had 360 vision. I'm also scared of drowning.

I'm scared of dolls: It wasn't started by Child's Play, but definitely compounded by that awful awful movie. I frequently have dreams about being locked in a department store where the mannequins come alive and go crazy.

I'm scared of being buried alive: you know that medical condition that people have where they're pronounced dead, but come back to life a few hours later? What do you do if you wake up to find that you're six feet under already?

I think what I'm mostly scared of is my imagination. I just shouldn't be allowed to think.

No comments: