Monday, August 23, 2004

Five weeks

Talking to the freshmen over the weekend brought me back to this time last year - the feeling of excitement and anticipation. It felt good being able to answer their questions which made realise how much I'm looking forward to going back. I know it'll be a lot more work but each year brings new faces and new challenges, and while I can't wait to get back on the dance floor at IC, I also can't wait to see what Mech Eng yr 2 has in store for me.

There'll be many firsts this year - looking for a house, spending Christmas in London, being away from home for so long; and many more will be familiar - my coursemates, my friends, the dance team. I know I'll miss home so much and I know it'll kick in at the randomest times through the six months that I'll be away, but I'm sure it'll all be okay. Yep, I think I'm ready.

No comments: