Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Five more minutes...

The alarm went off and I was jolted uncompromisingly out of the warm blanket of sleep. It was 6.00am, and my body wouldn't respond, so I thought 'maybe five more minutes' and relaxed again. Five seconds later, I thought I heard someone scream and again my eyes snapped open. I made a grab for my phone and squinted against the harsh backlight: 6.20am. I've never moved so fast in my life with ten minutes to get out of the house.

I don't remember getting ready though or walking to the bus-stop, only that I was distantly stressed out. It's 7.10am now and my consciousness is finally coming around although my eyes are involuntarily closing. Bad for the system I think, all this early morning excitement, and where the hell did I lose those twenty minutes?

No comments: