Thursday, August 26, 2004

Summer timed out

When I'm bored, I have the attention span of a blowfly and about two hundred things flit through my head all at the same time (or maybe blowflies don't think). It's not so much a train of thought as a knitter's nightmare of finding out that the cat's got into the wool again and invited all of its feline friends to play as well.

Anyhow, blogging has helped me practice to stay with one coherent thought long enough to trap it in writing. Here's my latest:

Summer's over, or virtually over, and all my friends will start straggling back to the UK in ones and twos by next week. I can't figure out how it passed so quickly. The three and a half months had so much potential, which subsequently got squished by clashing schedules and family plans.

This was what was supposed to happen over summer:
1. Redang trip. It got mashed in the gears of everyone's busy lives.
2. Sleepovers. Running total: nil.
3. Karaokes. One.
4. Lots of sport. HAHAHAhahahaa....
5. Lots of eating. Oh, here's one we managed to do.
6. Staying up late. Yeah right.
7. Penang trip. There's still hope of pulling something off before the final buzzer.
8. Dancing lessons. Didn't materialise.
9. Swimming. Only happened by force due to consequences of item 5.
10. Scubadiving/snorkelling. Wasn't motivated enough - maybe next summer.
11. Jungle trekking. Refer to item 10.
12. Shopping. Happened -ish

This is what really happened:
1. Bummed out
2. Work/attachment/internship
3. MSN Minesweeper
4. Eating
5. Sorta shopping - we certainly spent enough aimless time at the mall.

I think I'm exhausted by the sheer inactivity. Oh goody, it's Kitkat time.

No comments: