Saturday, August 28, 2004

Home

It feels so good to be home. Nothing could spoil today and nothing did. I was so happy being with my family and friends again, among familiar faces, sights, and sounds. I don't really want to go back tomorrow, but I know that I have to stick it out in Singapore for another two weeks. Saturday has flown by so fast.

It started with walking the dog and having breakfast with my mum. A bit of grocery shopping, two hours for a facial appointment, and it was lunch with my friends. I've never been happier seeing my sweetheart for the first time in two weeks (it's a long time for us). As for the rest of my friends, they looked good, if a bit tired from all of the hard partying. For a few of them, it was the last time I'd see them this summer, so I'm glad I got the chance. An afternoon of pool and Texas hold up brought a lot of laughs and relaxation, I was feeling so perfectly comfortable and content for the first time in a month.

Dinner was wonderfully regular, and after an attempt to shop in an overheated mall, I quickly gave up and returned to the airconditioned haven of my living room to watch Man Utd score an unfair equaliser against the valiant Blackburn side.

The Saturday felt so 'normal', so good that I didn't have to deal with new situations or people. Some people would ask why I'd spend four and a half hours each way on a bus just to have a day at home, but it was well worth it. You suddenly realise how tiring it is being on your best behavior or at your most alert when you have a whole range of appointments and social obligations to fulfill, and I really needed to just hang out and take it easy this weekend, and be somewhere where I could completely be myself. I'm so happy I came home.

No comments: