Friday, August 27, 2004

TMI

Sometimes I think we're too well informed. We count every calorie and measure every heartbeat. We're like ants in an anthill and the floodwaters of mortality are rising fast. Or maybe we're just too impressionable. I'd admit to that.

I recently read that if you spend hours slumped infront of the t.v. or computer screen, your lower back muscles and pelvic-supporting muscles will waste away, and that even if you exercise, you can't build them up again, leaving you prone to lower back pains and slipped discs. Then, having spent the last four weeks doing nothing but slouch in front of a computer for nine hours a day, five days a week, I started to worry and spent the rest of the day trying very hard to sit up straight without using the backrest of the chair as support. Sorry, did I say rest of the day? I meant rest of the week. Not only am I fidgety and exhausted, but I'm starting to think that I'm doomed to spend the rest of my life like this, all because of too much information.

No comments: