Thursday, September 30, 2004

Goodmorning

It’s cold and gloomy and I’m the only one up right now. Hsiang was supposed to wake up early too, but I guess him and Junlinn were having a rough Warcraft night. Meanwhile, spy sweeper is fighting what looks like a losing battle against browser hijack. I don’t know what’s going on but I wish that ‘my search bar’ would shrivel up and return to the recesses of internet hell from which it spawned. And take pop-up ads with it too.

Last night I met a friend of a friend of a friend, a wonderfully approachable person, and not once did the conversation turn to Warcraft, waistlines, or football. It was refreshing +lol+. I guess it’s mainly because she’s a girl, not to mention an Imperial Collegian and also from Miri. What a small world indeed – we have a lot of friends in common, and used to hang out at the same places back in Miri – okay fine, so it was quite ulu then and there weren’t all that many hang outs, but it’s funny how we should meet through a couple of UCLians. Pretty cool though.

Okay, I don’t know what else the demonic threads of internet chaos has managed to entangle in the privacy of my own ‘puter, but everything’s loading slower than dial-up, so I’m gonna go watch cartoons.

No comments: