Thursday, September 16, 2004

Time and time again

I usually find myself having to make excuses for my bad habits, like most of today. I'd say I expend more breath explaining to my mum why you can't see the surface of the table, why the soup got burnt, or why I have more freckles, than actually breathing.

They're habits, so they're hard to break - impossible I'd say. I'll only admit to three main ones though. There are a whole bunch of smaller ones which don't really count individually but seem to gang up on me all the time.
  1. I'm absent-minded. This is purely genetic; it comes with the rest of the package: dyslexia, A.D.D., and forgetfulness. Concentrating all the time is really tiring. The words "You are exactly like your father!" ring in my ears quite frequently, so enough said really.
  2. I pick my zits. I'll come out and admit this one, and I'd have to say that this habit gets quite violent reactions from several parties: my mum, my sister, my facial lady, my boyfriend. I'm trying really hard, but sometimes the stress and the hormones take over. Ah, there I go, using the age-old feminine excuse. It's true though.
  3. I'm an organised mess. This strikes out at home a lot. My mum's constantly asking how a girl can live like a boy. No, I don't smell bad, I just like leaving everything where I can find it. There have been so many times that I've made an effort to tidy up, and everything turns out beautifully immaculate, but then I forget where I keep everything. I'm that good. Gimme my everyday mess though, and I can find that extra battery or that missing nail clipper.

Someone out there must know what I'm talking about. Habits are here to stay, I've worked them quite efficiently into my life, so why fight them? Okay, except for the obviously obviously bad ones, but really...

No comments: