Saturday, September 11, 2004

One year

Our first anniversary dinner was at The Third Floor. I'd have to be perfectly honest and say that it was the first time I've ever been taken out somewhere nice for dinner by a boyfriend, and it absolutely rocked. It felt like prom all over again but not quite.

The threeish course meal was pretty posh. We spent a lot of time discussing dinner etiquette and improvising when we weren't sure how to eat things - there were a couple of spills and plenty of laughing. The only thing I was totally sure about how to eat was dessert. Warm chocolate cake with a melted chocolate sauce centre and vanilla ice cream... I died and went to heaven - twice - Weng didn't want his.

We've been seven years in the making. I've known him since year 7 and it was quite sudden when the on-again-off-again crush saw a window of opportunity and seized it at 4.00am a year ago today, so our first anniversary sort of came with a similar shock.

It doesn't feel like a year, too fast and too slow all at the same time. It's hard to explain. We haven't been very good at remembering dates; Tish usually helps us count the months because he's much better at it. +lol+ I'm glad our friends and family have been so supportive, and I'm so thankful for everything I have. It's been an amazing journey so far, I look forward to the year ahead.

No comments: