Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Tooth and nail

Where's the line between getting stepped on and being a selfish bitch? How do you know how far to take 'putting your foot down' before you go from standing up for your rights to crushing everyone else's?

I've got no clue. I'll admit though, I'm of the doormat sort until it gets too much to handle, then I go straight from being an amiable doormat to shrew mode. Then comes the apologies, then comes the feeling of giving in too easily, and the vicious cycle starts again.

I'm having unbelieveable problems with finding a place to live next year. Mostly because I think my housemates and I have too high expectations and we all want different things, different priorities. Compromise is tough, someone's always going to get upset, and if everyone refuses to concede, then we're all going to be upset. So do you bow out with dignity? Or continue to fight until you get what you want, or most of what you want?

I'm so stressed out and my flu's not getting better either.

No comments: