Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Do it like this

The day's barely started and I've already begun to tread the path of knowledge and enlightenment. So far, I've learnt that it is in fact rude to mix your wasabi and soy sauce, which will probably go on to shake the very foundations of South East Asian-ised Japanese cuisine. I've never seen anyone not dump a lump of wasabi into their soy sauce and proceed to mix it into an evil looking grey-green paste of stinging death prior to their meal. It's such an instinctive thing to want to burn your sinuses out, I mean, what are we thinking?

I'm still waiting for someone Japanese to verify that though, because I got that ultra-helpful, ground-breaking tidbit of information from an eurasian rojak. No offence intended; said in the fondest possible way.

No comments: