Friday, June 24, 2005

Eat and be merry

There are so many more distractions at home. I've sorted out the bulk of my cravings already, so I'm pretty content: home cooked food, roti canai, nasi lemak, and bak kut teh. Dim sum tomorrow morning and probably char kway teow tomorrow night.

My clock's completely messed up though, I got out of bed at 5.30 this morning and crashed into a chair, aggrevating the beautiful deep-purple bruise on my knee that I got from climbing over the back of my aeroplane seat the evening before (I got the window seat and I really needed to go.)

My mum and dog came downstairs at six thirty and she asked me in that clever way mothers do whether she should take the dog out, which saw me walking Perdy in near darkness while drivers beating the rush hour traffic tore past. Perdy seemed to know the way so I stumbled after her fluffy beige form while trying to scratch at mosquito bites.

I went back to bed at 10.00am to take a nap. I couldn't get up to drive Cheryl to her clarinet lesson so I made her take a cab with the promise that I'd pick her up and take her shopping in the afternoon. Completely dead to the world, I was out cold for the next three hours and only woke up because Cheryl called demanding to know where I was, saying that I'd better be on my way to get her.

I was falling asleep against by 6.00pm, and no one could decide what to eat for dinner, so at eight, when I had just given up trying to stay awake waiting for someone to decide, Dad shouted, "Haagen Daz! Let's go for Haagen Daz!" and everyone came running, ready to leave. Clever.

I've decided I can't post the rest of the Poland pictures because there are just too many and they're all beautiful, and it takes too much time - precious home time too.

I've started learning basic French vocab though. I have a mission this summer, and the first phrase I've mastered goes non, je ne comprends pas. Oh, and merde.

No comments: