Sunday, June 26, 2005

A new project, an old horror

"I can't sing, I promise. You know like Jonathan not being able to sing at first? Yea, like that, only worse. You don't want me in it..."

"Ashley! Come and sit here..."

The next thing I know, I'm struggling through an alto part while at the same time trying not to laugh hysterically at the mess I've got myself into or at Weng sitting across the room straining to hit the notes in his tenor part and pulling faces to match.

I quite simply couldn't say no to his Aunt.

Thus, due to a stirring bout of politeness, I have four weeks to get it right, and goodness knows I'm awful at singing in parts. I get distracted so easily and after five valiant alto notes, I'm singing along with the soprano part only in a different key. In fact, it feels like I'm singing in a different key all the time. If singing even describes it.

No comments: