Monday, June 27, 2005

The little turd

Who am I kidding. I'd rather skydive with a baby than even try to help my brother who's more stubborn than a donkey. Grr!

We've spent too much time and effort over the years trying to cushion his seemingly inexplicable ability to do well in school by telling him he has a lot of potential and telling ourselves that he's a late bloomer. Pah. Lazy little piece of poo. Grr!

It's just lie after lie, excuse after excuse! Today's lie was about forgetting his metronome. He told his music teacher he didn't bring his metronome because the weight had fallen off it (yes, we must have the oldest mechanical metronome in existence). His exam's in four weeks and he's far from comfortable with his pieces.

So I went home and mg, to my complete and utter surprise, it was right where it had left it, on the bloody stick thing on the face of the metronome. Argh. Idiot, so I stormed downstairs with it and placed it very emphatically infront of his face.

A: Do you honestly think we're all morons?! Why did you tell Claire you lost the weight? Why couldn't you just say you forgot to bring it?!
B: Because I keep forgetting to bring it back.
A: What?
B: I told her I lost the weight so I wouldn't have to bring it so I wouldn't forget to bring it back.
(His unflappable logic strikes again.)
A: The point is she wants you to play in time!
B: But I keep forgetting to bring it back!
A: ...

Prior to this there was a conversation about his math.
A: Since I'm going to be home for three months, I'm going to help you on your math
B: But I don't need help, I'm improving!
A: But you failed your exam, so you need to put in the extra work, and I'm willing to sit down with you and coach you.
B: But I don't need it! Urgh! I already had this conversation with mum!
A: Okay, fine, so I'll set you a paper and if you pass then fair enough, I'll leave you alone.
B: What?! No! I'm doing okay!
A: But if you're doing okay, you should pass, it's no new material, everything you did last year. You didn't fail your school exam that badly right? Borderline fail right? So you should more or less know everything.
B: No!! It was a bad fail!!
A: So that's why you need help...
B: No!! I don't need help!!

What a moron. Argh. I have to hit something before I kill him.

No comments: