Monday, June 06, 2005

In need of new amusements

Have you ever come across a blog that reeks of domesticated, unparalleled bliss that it just makes you want to rip out your eyeballs and skewer them? A feeling which then grows into mind-numbing agitation as their words sear into the lobes of your brain and you can't navigate away from that page quickly enough.

I sound bitter.

Maybe it's the book I've just finished, The Virgin's Lover, one of those semi non-fiction books that are based on real events, fraught with rivalries, unrequitted love, and Tudor politics at the beginning of Elizabeth's reign. It didn't have a happy ending.

I get too attached to the characters, but I think that that's what defines a good book - I love hating the villain and feeling for the hero, which also means I cry a lot and my mood matches the story. Weng got a lot of "Why are guys such bastards?!" for all of yesterday and was quite relieved, I imagine, when I finally finished it.

Reading Spartan now. It's very military, like scenes from Rome: Total War, kinda slow, but it kills time waiting for FM to load. Ah, this is the life, complete and utter time wasting.

I can't really see the sun and when we're both playing FM, the hours get lost very quickly and when the sky light begins to darken slightly, we know it's dinner time.

No comments: