Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The emotional start of summer

I passed! I passed! What a load off!

My dog's wonderfully mischevious but sometimes her spoilt brat act goes a bit far. We were eating lunch at a coffee shop today, al fresco style, and a scant meter and a half from the side of the road where our car was parked.

Okay, so we were double parked, but we were also eating real quick. Unfortunately it didn't seem quick enough, and Perdy who was waiting in the car kicked up a huge ruckus, barked her head off, and attracted plenty of attention - the kind that saw the same people walk back and forth again and again. Everytime she fell silent, I turned to look towards the car and the noise would start up again.

Cheryl asked me why I keep up to date with this girl's blog even though I haven't always been entirely fond of her. I actually don't know. What is it that makes us go back to the life stories of the people we dislike? A sick compulsion to find out every single detail of their lives so we can sit back and feel better about ourselves? Maybe it was insecurity at first, but now it's just a habit - part of the routine as I flick through my daily dose of gossip.

Batman Begins is really quite good.

I swear my sister hasn't stopped talking (loudly) since her exams ended Tuesday.

No comments: