Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sombre thoughts

Another completely shit week in FF has left me defeated and uncaring. My morale is at an all time low and we're barely three weeks from the end of term, which is scary because I feel as though I haven't accomplished enough this term - appointment after appointment and errand after errand has made me feel like a hamster in a wheel, and all the carefully laid out plans for various projects have been largely ignored.

I want to go back to secondary school.

The last two weeks have reminded me of the frailty of life, how death has little consideration for the youth or the potential that may lie ahead. Mushil was taken from us a week and a half ago, I'll miss his love for dance, that twinkle in his eye, his ready smile, he could lift the weight from your shoulders from the minute he held out his hand for a dance to the time the music stopped playing; and in the last twenty four hours or so, a sixth-former from GIS, a boy on the brink of the rest of his life, a life that's not going to happen anymore.

I think the thing is, these were people we know.

No comments: