Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Completely pointless

Have you heard 'Almost' by Bowling for Soup? Great song, only this is how it sounds on Malaysian radio:

I almost got +wa-wa-wa+ at school at fourteen,
Where I almost +skippedidee+ with the Homecoming Queen
Who almost went on to be Miss Texas
But lost to a +shoobydoowop+ with much bigger +beebop+ -tes
I almost dropped out to move to LA
Where I was almost famous for almost a day

The rest of the song barely passes the anal retentivity of the sensorship board, but c'mon, if you're going to sensor the words "drunk" and "made out" why even play the song? In fact, why play anything? And it's reverse psychology you know, because it just makes me pay even more attention to those specific words - and to go online and find out what they are.

No comments: