Friday, April 01, 2005

Step away from the instrument

My dyselxia does not let me play Yahoo!Graffiti. My sister totally whomps my ass and we're on the same connection.

Mum's desperately waiting for the fourth episode of Desperate Housewives to finish downloading. When I say desperately, she checks in every two hours to see how it's going, and since we're on a 512kbps connection, which actually comes up as a download rate of 0kb/s, the going is extremely slow.

I've resolved to seriously practice violin over the next two weeks. I rekindled my love for my instrument (it's so pretty!) just now, when my sister was stretching her vocal chords on the guitar. She's not a bad singer when she finds the key, but up til then, it's like a blindman looking for a contact lens - she sweeps back and forth across the entire range several times until she gets lucky. To her credit though, she's mastered several instruments, just not the most basic one. God forgot the singing gene when He made my family.

I drove the Merc today. I've never taken so long to get back from Hartamas before. It was a harrowing experience. It felt like I was driving a tank; now the BM'll feel like a Kancil.

I need to seperate my sister from her guitar now, she's determinedly ploughing her way through "2001 perennial favorites - with guitar chords" and that's the not the year on the front. Excuse me.

No comments: