Thursday, April 28, 2005

Toilet material

Anyhow, Weng came in today, finally. I've missed him so much. He always asks after my welfare, which got onto the subject of going to the bathroom regularly. I blamed it on the lack of reading material, so he responded with a "Hey I've got something for you to read."
"Oh really?" I enthused.
"Here," He grinned, handing me "Ecomonics of Development, Fifth Ed."
"Ah," I said, racking my brain for a smart answer, "That might actually make the shit come out faster." +Badumdumpish+

Completely unrelated, I've placed an order on Amazon for a couple of books I've always wanted to read but never got around to. I have to count the pages very carefully now before buying a book to see if it'll last me long enough to be value for money - sounds horribly kiasu, but reading's an expensive hobby. Some books have the lifespan of a coral-reef pygmy goby compared to, I don't know, a redwood.

No comments: