Thursday, April 07, 2005

It's days like these

Today was a bit more happening than normal. Weng and I sent the car to the carwash and waited for an hour around midday in a park with my dog. I can hear you asking, who in their right mind would sit in a park in Malaysia at midday for an hour? And I say to you, think about the poor one wearing the fur.

After a very quick study session that didn't really get off the ground, my sister and I tried to teach Weng how to play tennis. It was a struggle trying to get him to ditch his badminton/squash-hybrid forehand and backhand, but he eventually got it, and what can I say, my baby's a natural +winkwink+. We're waiting for all you people (you know who you are) to get back in summer so we can play!

Oh, and I got bit by a bee, so most of the evening was spent waiting to see if my whole right arm would go numb in which case Weng was all ready to rush me to get it checked at the hospital. The sting swelled up beautifully and everything.

Otherwise dinner was great, I've never laughed so hard (at Weng) as Lay Yean quickly had him on the defensive with all her bantering. There was a lot of talk about future careers and stuff, which made me think, I wish I could stay 20 my whole life, that no one would get older. I'm happy right where I am now. I know I sound completely unambitious, but I've never been more content.

No comments: