Sunday, April 03, 2005

What I did this weekend

We made a day trip to Singapore. Guess who could say "Oh, I'll be in shopping in Singapore today, so I can't make it" on Saturday? Not me. This Easter holiday is so quiet on the friends front that seven hours in the car was almost welcome.

Anyhow, we left KL at about 0530 and got home at 2300, that's about three hours up, three hours down, and three hours along Orchard Road. It was only three hours because it's really difficult making $100 stretch any longer than that. The rest of the time was spent at my Grandma's, with my baby cousin Nick and my Aunty, who, btw, has discovered my blog: "Hi Aunt June! I miss you guys so much!"

Then today was mostly at CBC. I love that place, the whole community spirit gives you such a feel-good vibe. Weng keeps threatening to eventually include me in the worship band but I'm completely talentless. I'm fully qualified but I just can't play. They've got much steadier pianists available, and the beginner's violin class every Sunday already plays better than me, which gets me thinking, I should really make an effort to do something more with my violin than look at it.

So that puts us very nicely half way through our Easter holiday. Damn, that's fast.

No comments: