Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Under my bed

My first wake up happens at 6.39 every morning, just when the sun gets bright enough to intrude upon the hazy awareness of my dreams. I can't even begin to tell you how irritating that is. I even dug up one of those airline eye masks to use, but when push came to shove, I couldn't bring myself to put it on because then I wouldn't be able to keep an eye out for monsters.

You know how if you take away one of your senses, the other four become sharper. No kidding, it really happens. If you take away my sight, my imagination goes into overdrive, which goes to prove that sight really limits the imagination, then again, to be fair, it doesn't take much to make me turn familiar shadows into agents of evil.

So my eyes feel kinda gritty now. But at least I'm alive.

No comments: