Thursday, April 14, 2005

Two days to take-off

So my reintroduction into society last night went well I think. There's something about KL that just takes everyone down a notch. No one's (overly) stressing about work or future careers, no one's worrying about errands to run, there's a wonderful home to go back to at the end of a night out, and you don't have to feel guilty about the exchange rate.

Inevitably there was talk about summer jobs, internships, postgraduate degrees and all that. It's nice to come out with a Masters at the end of it all, saves having to apply for it again at the end of the Bachelors, but all that talk still made me want to run and hide under the covers. I don't want to grow up so fast.

I actually managed to wake up at 2.30am for one of the most memorable draws I've ever bothered to watch. Liverpool rock. I can honestly say that we deserve that spot in the semi-final, 'twas no fluke. Then I had to get up at 7.15am to let Weng in, so the rest of the day passed in a semi-conscious stupor.

When I finally had time to lie down and rest, the silence was quickly destroyed by:
  1. Someone drilling a hole in the wall
  2. My dog insisting on getting up on the bed to nap too - she's too afraid to jump up because she's winded herself too many times when she didn't jump high enough
  3. My sister getting home - it's such a huge event all in itself that it's worth mentioning
  4. My sister watching American Idol - something like "OHMYGAWDOHMYGAWD etc."
  5. My mum and sister striving to conduct a coherent conversation through one floor and two walls - "WHO GOT KICKED OUT?! WHAT?! WHO?! OH NO!!"
  6. The aspiring drummer that lives just above us - +BADADUMDUM+ pause +DABADADADA+ pause +CRASHCRASHPISH+
  7. And finally, my mum lying down on the bed next to me to talk, emphasising each sentence with a hearty slap on my shoulder - I got the message
I've told myself that today is the last day I'll ever eat. Actually, I tell myself that every day. Not once have I felt any hunger pangs this whole month - disgusting.

I have to take my suitcase out soon.

No comments: