Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm not a cynic

cyn·ic
n.
  1. A person who believes all people are motivated by selfishness.
  2. A person whose outlook is scornfully and often habitually negative.
I'm not a cynic. I don't know where you got that from just because I warned you about how manipulative that kind of girl can be, it's happened so many times to you, in front of you, behind you, how could you not possibly see?

I'm not a cynic, I believe in love, I believe in hope, and I believe that people are generally good, I am in love, I'm full of hope for the future, and I know there are more people out there willing to share a smile than a scowl.

I lost the rose-tinted glasses a long time ago, was shocked by what I could really see, really feel. I still carry the scars, so I tell you things to make your scars less deep. Compared to many people, my views are still somewhat naive and too hopeful almost, and it's okay if you don't listen to what I say.

Sometimes though, I think you live in a bubble, and that it's really going to suck when that bubble bursts, but I'm not a cynic, so stop saying that I am.

No comments: