Monday, March 07, 2005

As good as it gets

Whenever people assume that I've got it all together, that my life couldn't be more perfect and I couldn't be anymore in control, I'm inclined to laugh hysterically. It couldn't be further from the truth. But however much I feel like a passenger on this wild ride called life, I'd have to say I'm actually really enjoying myself, and it's always the downs that make you appreciate the ups even more.

So I'd just like to say, in a sort of rebuttal to my own post, I have amazing friends, they're the stand up and be counted type, the ones who'll be there when you really need them even if you've been gawd-awful about keeping in touch, and I love my housemates: for all the times I've been so frustrated at how untidy they can be, I think this year would've been a whole lot sadder without them, the dinners a whole lot shorter, and the companionship a whole lot less. (Not written at gunpoint btw.)

I'm not really that friendless I guess, even though more wouldn't hurt. I just whine a lot.

No comments: