Thursday, March 17, 2005

It's been a good day

The weather over here feels like its gone straight from the heart of winter to the beginning of summer. 18 degrees feels hot, I can't imagine 30 degrees back home.

I've tacked the address of my blog to the back of my msn nick to see if it'll bring in any new visitors. I'm curious as to how much of an effect advertising has, and since I like nothing better than to sit on my butt tracking the stats of my beloved web log, at least it'll give me an excuse to continue being um, sad.

One day left of term, and what is essentially year 2 - exams and revision doesn't count. Tom, for all his completely pedantic ways turned out an amazing poster presentation. Our pump looks better on paper, no offence to our 'skilled machinists' who built the thing, Greg and Akhari, but yea, I bet the Repro Dept cried when they printed out our all black background. +lol+

The whole college seems a lot more cheerful, or maybe it's just the sunshine, and even if they haven't finished all their reports, I'm sure they're keeping an eye on tomorrow with a sort of steely determination.

A fourth year randomly started talking to me as we walked to Sherfield. I've never even seen him before, yet we talked like old friends. He told me about his year abroad in Germany, about what it was like compared to IC, and how he was finding fourth year, reassuring me that it gets better. I told him about how big the intakes are getting, what kind of pressure everyone's under right now, and how I'm looking so forward to the holidays, and then we said, "Goodbye, it was wonderful meeting you" and that was that. I didn't even know his name.

I think today's been the kind of day where my spirit is so buoyed up by the prospect of a break and going home that nothing can get me down.

No comments: