Thursday, March 31, 2005

Crystal balls and tea leaves

We spent most of last night talking about our form mates, remembering people, comparing notes and updating each other on the latest gossip to roll off the press or come through the grapevine.

One of them was blessed with a baby a little earlier this year, so I'd like to congratulate her on her absolutely gorgeous baby girl. I'm really not very good with kids, they tend to be snotty or sticky, or both, but this one looks perfect.

It's all pretty much based on this one picture I saw on her close friend's blog, but it struck me how differently their lives have turned out; the difference was especially highlighted since the a photo of the newborn was posted right below the blog-owner's own photos of spring break.

It makes me wonder, how many of my classmates that I haven't seen in about four years have made that step into adulthood by having a child or getting married. How many of us will be sporting pushchairs and diaper bags by the time someone makes an effort to coordinate a reunion; how many will marry their highschool sweethearts; how many will be chasing boardroom success?

Just as someone said last night, it's like one of those slow soaps that you just want to fast forward to the end to see how it turns out, but can't.

No comments: