Thursday, March 03, 2005

Murder, I tell you!

When my adaptor blew yesterday, I felt such an overwhelming sense of sadness for my 'puter; it was so overwhelming in fact that I went straight to bed and hid under my duvet for the rest of the afternoon. It really felt like part of my baby had died. I think I'm too attached to my computer, I think I should have it grafted onto my brain or something. I felt a similar kind of blinding panic when my internet cut out - but it came back, so +phew+.

Anyhow I had to leave it turned off for most of the afternoon - you have no idea how much that sucked. I have never felt so disconnected from the world. Seeing all the online people on my MSN list gives me a warm sense of security knowing that anything I need is just an instant message away. I suppose it did finally give me an excuse to do work. Thankfully though, Darren's let me borrow his adaptor while he runs on battery - I can't even charge mine, looks like the exploding adaptor killed it too.

No comments: