Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Stand up and be counted

Yesterday was all about me - mostly about me feeling sorry for myself because of how ill I was feeling on my birthday, haha, so I'm making today about the most important people in my life. I got the most incredible gift from you guys, you know who you are, and I was completely overwhelmed. I really had no idea at all!

This is a rather long post, so unless you're really in want of things to do, you might just want to scroll down to your name.

To the people who've shaped my life over the last decade - yea, that's right, it's been THAT long:

Tish: You're not that old (now that I've joined you in the 20s), you're young at heart! You're barely hitting your secondary school streak eh? +lol+ Thank you for the luvvly card, I'll try and make sure my kids don't call you "Grandpappy Tish" k? I'll never be old enough to be called Aunt. Haha. Thanks for keeping the good times rolling and for your Weybridgian leaves ;)

Evan "Nice guy/Abs" Cheah: The postcard and the birthday card were awesome. (We will come and visit soon!) I think we're making a habit of not showing up at each other's birthdays, so that's okay, we'll call it even. I really don't know what I'd do without you Ev, you keep me sane, and that big voice matches your biiiig ...heart! I'd definitely drink to many more decades, Tish and I are waiting for you to catch up, young 'un!

Nat: My very very first KLite friend ever, gosh, it's really been a case of 'friends forever' hasn't it? Thanks for always being the one that remembers birthdays, anniversaries, and all that, and stop working so hard! +lol+

Tom: I'd have to say I haven't known you for the longest time compared to these old foggies, but it's been awesome, nevertheless. I can't wait for you to show me Poland, totally psyched about that trip! Thank you for all the laughs, man.

Aaron: You've been one for all the ups and downs over the years, and you're always the instigator for all those SS2 trips. I'm not sure I'll ever catch up with you on the squash court, but I'll sure as hell try. Most of my memories of the group have you in them, Mr. Ringleader, and I'm thankful they do. Here's wishing you all the best things in life.

Adrian: Ever since you've become a Glaswegian - is that right? - things have been quieter. Aaron doesn't seem to create as much havoc without you. We miss you lots, you really should visit more. Thanks for always setting the standard in going for your dreams, you're an inspiration to all of us.

Chi Meng: How long's it been since I last saw you? Too long I think. Thank you for your never ending generosity, we'll get together for dinner this Easter, and I'll eventually go to one of your parties in Shah Alam. +lol+

Ming-li: Thanks for always being the one to remind the rest of us that we're still girls. What with all that testosterone floating around in our group, we were bound to drift towards it, so thanks for keeping us grounded. Getting you to go out though is like trying to catch mist with a net, maybe we'll figure it out one day.

Junlinn: You always make me laugh, although I'm quite sure it's not on purpose. You keep on chasing your Beckham/Man Utd dream otherwise no one would stand up for either of them!

To my coursemates, without whom Mech Eng would've been complete hell:

Godwin: Always ready to lend a hand, you never cease to amaze me with how up-to-date you are with your tutorials and work and everything. You're an academic inspiration! Thank you for all your help, you are truly a Godsend.

Lester: I think I'd have to thank you first and foremost of making me laugh - Mech Eng wouldn't have been the same without you and would've been a lot duller, and secondly, for your limitless patience with me bugging you for tutorial/report answers all the time. I cannot say how grateful I am.

Huiyuan: You remind us we're girls, to be honest, with your immaculate and always so well coordinated outfits. It's been great getting to know you better over the past year.

Vivian: My netball buddy! You're one of the best defenders I know! Thanks for injecting a little quirkiness into our course and I totally envy you for how good you are at math! +lol+

Chih Yang: Thanks for always walking back with me and for imparting your gung-ho attitude and optimism. I think you really should teach Roy Carroll to goalkeep - Man Utd really should sign you, and I don't get why you keep saying you're retired, you're not that much older.

Vikas: I think you're the only Arsenal fan I know, but that's okay, they'll do better next year! +lol+

Sachit: You're such a gentleman, thank you for your ready smile every morning even when everyone feels like crawling back to bed and is as cranky as piss.

And last but not least, to my housemates, for the good times

Fong May: Always so generous, you're a bundle of laughs. I really don't know what the year would've been like without you, I'm so glad things worked out the way they did. I'm glad you pulled off your Treasurer thing, and I'm sure Darren's just as glad it's over! +lol+ You can be sure I'm gonna 'thank' Weng later ;)

Shiv: It's been amazing getting to know you, I've had such a good time! Thanks for the talks and all the looks we always exchange over the guys' heads, it's nice to find a kindred spirit.

Han Wen: Just thinking about it, you're the resident tech support guy, haha, you're so wonderfully talented with computers (why shouldnt you be, you certainly spend enough time with yours!), so here's saying thanks for all the help and the laughs. And for being so 'guy' guy.

Darren: I would have to say you're above and beyond the most bitchy guy I know. Great isn't it? Haha, I wouldn't have it any other way, I've thoroughly enjoyed the venting sessions, thanks for keeping me (brutally) grounded. +lol+ "Nah, drink more, almost finished wan..."

And finally,

Weng: Aw, hunny, thank you for putting it all together and for 'rallying the troops', for your support and patience and above all, love. Incredible, darling, truly incredible. Now I've got six months to plan something for your 20th - something tells me I'm going to need it!

No comments: