Friday, March 25, 2005

Driving on the right

Coming to the end of the first week already, I ask you where the hell has it all gone? I've done absolutely no work - which was the plan, but I've woken up before 8am every single morning since touching down - not quite the plan, so technic'ly, techinic'ly I should have had more time or at least felt the passing of days instead of a week like now.

As little children, your time was divided into twenty minutes slots, usually in sync with T.V. programming, or in my case, reruns of Sesame Street - can you believe my mother only ever showed me one episode? So when I say reruns, I really mean rerun, I got quite familiar with the letter N and the numbers 6 and 7, and I promise I'm not a goldfish. Sometimes you wouldn't notice an hour pass if you were a particularly patient child or drugged out on ADD medication, but now it's not even hours, half days or days, but rather weeks. Chunks of days strung end to end like sausages.

I think I've spent 40% of my time in the car - definitely not the plan. No, wait, parking the car and getting out of it. Again, no, I don't take THAT long to park the car, but it certainly feels like I spend more time turning off the engine than actually revving the thing. Actually it should be 40% of my time has been spent parking the car, getting out of it, and waiting at red lights/in general...and chasing my brother. Okay, so I've done a lot, but it's all left me in such a heightened state of stress, not even my flu has had time or space to fully realise itself, it's still hinting at a major attack.

So since I've been getting up at 7ish every morning, give or take 15 minutes, I'm usually ready to take a nap by about nine thirty, which would be about now.

1 comment:

Ash said...

Haha sure, up to the point you wanna go to sleep again but nobody lets you. At least it's cooler in the mornings...lol