Sunday, March 13, 2005

On Lee Strobel

In a flurry of domestication, Weng and I have done two loads of laundry and even baked chocolate chip cookies. It was a great afternoon. It'll be back to reality tomorrow, but til then, I'm going to ride my kicked-back phase and 'chill'.

Reading The Case for Christ now after Weng Yew's recommendations. It's like the antivenin to the Da Vinci Code and its 'it's not like it's a fax from God' statement concerning the Bible. This book pretty much answers most of my questions about that fuzzy line between science and religion. It's pretty heavy reading for someone like me who's more often than not immersed in the world of Discworld, running midnight rooftop chases with the Ankh-Morpork Watch.

It relates interviews between the author and leading theologians, archaelogists, and historians with more fellowships, degrees, and affiliations than you could shake a stick at. In Terry Pratchett's novels, the leading authorities are either Granny Weatherwax or the "Not tyrannical, no, absolutely not" Patrician of Ankh-Morpork.

I digress, but so far it's a good book, very interesting, and um, deep. Yep.

No comments: