Thursday, November 04, 2004

Seven hours

Thursdays always feel so long. By the end of the day, I’m more than happy to give up trying to actively learn what’s being taught and just sit there letting the voices wash over me.

At lunch time, with nothing to do, I went to the career fair. The engineering firms were more than happy to answer questions, but all the finance firms had representatives that acted like they had the whole damn world shoved up their…right, they were really snobby.

I didn’t get any freebies, because I have a feeling that the freshers got there first in the guise of ‘keen’ undergraduates looking to map their future from year 1. Don’t deny it, I saw a couple of guilty looking fake chemical engineers who had talked one of the reps into giving them a stress ball, among a whole bunch of other things, like pens, thermos mugs, and pencils.

The only really helpful thing that came out of attending the fair was the guide book that they gave us with a description of all the companies. Although I’m not quite sure how to compare £25,700, ‘competitive’, and ‘highly competitive’ grad pay, at least I know what companies to Google over the next week or so.

Meanwhile, back at home, Fong May’s sleeping patterns are starting to become a character trait. We heard that Fong Yean will be visiting this weekend, so Han Wen started comparing them, and he said, “You guys are totally different, for one thing, she’s awake…”. It was pretty funny. Darren’s convinced that she spends two thirds of her life asleep, but I’m sure he’ll help her sort it out soon, even if it means dragging her to her own lectures, which I think he already does. +lol+

Weng’s playing CM next to me. He suddenly spasms every now and then, whenever Southampton score. It’s fairly distracting, but so are the funny little whiny noises he makes when the other team has a shot on goal, and I guess I’m used to it.

I’m talking to lady-killer Tish. He’s one of my very best friends if you didn’t already know, and he attracts women aged 25 and above (generally of the marriageable age) like bees to honey. When he’s thirty, he’ll never be short of women, or mothers trying to hook him up with their daughters. That is Tish.

Otherwise, I think I should really be getting to bed soon. I’m so tired, spent most of the day avoiding sharp corners and door frames (prevention hurts a lot less), and my heater’s finally back in London. Yay!

No comments: