Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Wahlau-eh

I've just come out of the most intensive two hour nap I've ever had. It's left me feeling more tired than before, but I managed to struggle out of it's sticky grasp before it killed me.

I dreamed about the world's definitive rollercoaster. It had a jet engine. A jet engine in a rollercoaster. It had a drop of twenty stories, four and a half loops, and two and a half corkscrews, and the Gs completely plastered you to your seat, and your scream to the back of your throat. And I actually rode it, at night in complete darkness, and in the front row. I could feel everything - the adrenaline bordering on complete and utter terror, the wind ripping through my hair...

Then I remember looking for a killer bug. I didn't want to pick it up, but it kept running away looking for someone to burrow into and reproduce. It was an evil looking skeletal thing, and worst of all, my fluids lecturer gave it to me. GAVE it to me. My fluids lecturer (?!). I don't get it either, but I was panicking between having to hold this revulsive creature in one hand while I looked for a book heavy enough to kill it, and looking for it before it latched on to me because it kept squirming out of my hand and dropping onto the floor...

Suddenly I was clawing my way out of my own dream while muzzily trying to figure out if that killer bug was actually real, and whether it was in my bed or not. That thought definitely dissolved the cobwebs of sleep, so here I am, still freezing my ass off, nursing a hot tea with sugar. Actually I really feel like soaking my entire head in hot tea, one cup doesn't seem enough.

No comments: