Friday, November 26, 2004

Weng's day

With it being his birthday, the whole day pretty much revolved around him. In other words, he made the bed, made breakfast, did homework, did laundry, made lunch, and played basketball. And then I tried to pull off his fourth birthday surprise.

Everything had been arranged almost perfectly. Thanks to the effort of Mingli, Tish, Hsiang, and Jun Linn, they managed to get a table at BaliBali and all I had to do was get a completely unsuspecting Weng there. I had promised him a romantic dinner for two, and he even got all frazzled when he saw that we were late for our reservation. It was quite funny.

I should've brought my London AtoZ because it was unbelieveably hard to find Shaftesbury Avenue and the over-the-phone directions were hilariously misunderstood. Anyway, after leading him all the way to Holborn and around a few times, I managed to get him sufficiently confused, and Hsiang had to rescue us from the Leicester Square station thus springing the surprise early.

It was a wonderful dinner though, and I'm so glad we managed to celebrate it with a few close friends. Made it all the more special.

Captain Obvious also made a come back today:

Tish: So where's your romantic dinner happening?
Weng: Um, I dunno exactly...In a restaurant somewhere?

and later...
Weng: Wow, your eye is really red!
Ash: Yea, a big piece of dust must've got into it yesterday night.
Weng: What? In your eye? Is that why it's so red?

No comments: