Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Why's it only tuesday?

I went for a career talk today. It was run by Shell, and I have to give them credit for their tactically superb advertising. Yes, let's send the goodlooking and inspired fresh graduates who still love their job, and the charismatic below-35s to talk them all into subjugation. Let's show them a video and brainwash them into thinking that Shell's THE place to work. I bet there were subliminal messages in that "The world without power" clip. I know I took away more than a couple of leaflets from that presentation. I think I remember more from that forty minutes than I do from all my other lectures. Maybe IC should employ gorgeously darkhaired, green-eyed hunks to teach us stress analysis...

Coming back to reality though, the talk brought up the slightly less attractive prospect of filling out application forms and sending CVs in before the Dec/Jan deadlines. A bit like UCAS all over again, only worse.

I'm also pleased to say that I'm as up to date with my tutorials as I can be - or so I think (but then there's that nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something). I know there are so many half done questions, but that'll have to wait til the lessons to finish. I really don't feel like studying for next week's tests, so I think I'll sit here, wait for football to come on, and miss my goodsmellingcocoabutterboy.

I'll probably regret like hell tomorrow when I kena ambush by more work.

No comments: