Saturday, November 06, 2004

There goes Saturday

A sprained thumb, half a kebab, and 10 hours later, I have a wonderfully warm feeling inside from a pretty good day.

Netball was fun. I ran crazylike until my heart threatened to burst, like a little kid again. Everyone was shouting instructions at me. I tried really hard to follow what they were saying, but I was 'in the zone' and I was really bad at multitasking because I was focusing on not tripping up on my own feet.

After so long without playing team sports, my peripheral vision and spatial awareness were, on a scale of 1 to 10, at minus 3. I had to keep half a mind on where I was putting my feet and the other half on where the ball was. Obviously I didn't have any more brain spare to keep an eye on the defender or anyone else. But it's better than last week, I mean, I could only focus on the ball back then. +grin+

Playing against the footballers later was great fun - they tried the most outrageous passes and they had the longest reach. Pushing the tempo was the only way we could get around them. There were plenty of laughs as they came to grips with the game. If we had played a little longer, they would've started to really own us.

Other than that, I've Word produced my math notes. I feel like I've accomplished something, even if it's only upping the presentation of my file and um, not really revising as such. I'll try harder tomorrow.

Progress tests are looming like a cow of an iceberg.

No comments: