Monday, November 15, 2004

Whinging

The only good thing about a freezing cold shower is that when you get out of the damn thing, you feel very warm. However, I can list about a thousand bad things about cold showers, like no one should have to inflict such torture upon themselves first thing in the morning. I know that people actually join the Polar Bear Club and their annual ice swims, but y'know, that's sport.

Hampton's has totally fcked us over. The technician was going to come this morning, but they cancelled him and said they were going to send someone else over, who didn't come. Apparently someone's supposed to be coming now. We're still sitting here freezing our...toes off. If it ever gets fixed, I'm not letting anyone go near the thermostat.

Otherwise another routine day - was nodding off by about twelve, then again at two. Spent lunch time tracking my parcel down (yep, still looking for it). Each post office gives me a totally different collection point each time I ask - it's like an infuriating treasure hunt that I still haven't reached the end of.

Thanks to a weekend of inactivity and mindless GB, getting motivated enough to work is near impossible. Like getting a large mass to start moving, y'know, whaddyacallit, inertia, that's right - resistance to motion. I need to sleep, but I already owe at least two massive fluid mech tutorials.

I can't believe it's only Monday.

No comments: