Thursday, November 18, 2004

Top of the hour

Last night's Spain vs. England international was horribly predictable after looking at the line ups. Spain's power midfield owned England's amid a wash of childish tantrums and dodgy refereeing. The Spanish used England's physicality against them and although it made most of the team look like dramaqueen debutants, it got them freekick after freekick.

Then gunbound took over about forty minutes in and we didn't get to watch the rest of the match. It was the Team Lexham vs. the rest of the world, riding on the guilt of 'so much work to do'. Won a few, lost a few more, then called it a night.

Absolutely crappy day in London. Freezing rain, soggy pavements, and the lull of a warm, cosy duvet certainly trapped more than the usual share of people this morning. Got scolded by a very mothering Weng when I skipped my last two lessons, but now I'm getting assaulted by littleboy Weng, who's pulling all kinds of jokes left, right, and centre. The personality switch was...quick. I'm much slower at adapting, so I'm just using 'the eye' for now.

I better get back to studying, which was the real reason I skipped. Of course. I think I can be more productive at home than in a computing lecture trying to learn C++ by swimming in it.

No comments: